Dear Juhani,

On Mit 30.06.2010 15:09, Juhani Åhman wrote:
Hi everyone

I've recently tried to use HAProxy as a reverse proxy to a WebSocket
server like Moskovitz in this thread
(http://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg02754.html), but
I've run into problems. I can only get websockets proxied in http mode
when I'm using a browser which speaks revision pre-76 draft websockets
(eg. Chromium 5.0.375.70). When using a rev. 76 browser (eg.  Chromium
6.0.414.0 or later) the websocket connections seem to always fail.

I think the reason for this is that rev. 76 is not backwards compatible
with earlier ones as it adds new headers HTTP_SEC_WEBSOCKET_KEY1,
HTTP_SEC_WEBSOCKET_KEY2, HTTP_SEC_WEBSOCKET_PROTOCOL and maybe some
others too. Apparently HAProxy doesn't like these new headers unless
I'm running in tcp mode. I've tested this with Eventlet library which
understands both pre-76 and 76 revisions.

Is there anyway to get rev. 76 websockets working with HAProxy without
using tcp mode?

Please can you try to run haproxy with -p flag similar as in
http://www.mail-archive.com/haproxy@formilux.org/msg02793.html

Please can you also send us the output of

haproxy -vv

BR

Aleks