Le 27/07/2017 à 18:16, Emmanuel Hocdet a écrit :

Hi Willy, Emeric

Can you consider this patch? I think it’s safe and it not depend on any openssl version.
(It’s possible since patch f6b37c67)

Hi Manu,

Since this commit, the certificates generation doesn't work anymore. I'm working on a patch. I'll send it today I guess.

To work, the certificates generation uses the default certificate, to get its private key. It uses it for the generated certificates. Generate keys is pretty expensive and the one from the default certificate is not worse than another.

Since commit f6b37c67, when certificates generation is performed, instead of the default certificate (default_ctx), the SSL connection is attached to the initial one (initial_ctx). The last one does not have private key, so the generation always fails.

My first idea to fix the patch was to remove the initial_ctx. Because by checking all recent changes, it seems useless. Its initialization is done in the same time than default_ctx (that was not the case when initial_ctx was introduced in commit f6b37c67).

But it is definitely in conflict with you current patch. Because without initial_ctx, we need to have a default_ctx. So I can probably work around this problem. But before doing it, I prefer to know if your patch will be accepted or not :)

From my point of view, I can't see why anyone would want to start a SSL frontend without any certificate. Because it will reject all connections. Simos explained his use-case with Letsencrypt. But it is only useful for the first generation of the first certificate. It is easy to comment the SSL frontend at this step. Get a certificate from Letsencrypt or generate a default one by hand is quick and trivial. To automate this part, you can have a default certificate, probably self-signed, and the strict-sni parameter on the bind line (You already proposed this solution). For me, this is not a workaround, this is the way to do it. But that's just my opinion, I can understand the need :) So I'll let Willy and/or Emeric make the final decision.

--
Christopher Faulet