Le 12/6/22 à 12:26, Cedric Paillet a écrit :
Sorry for the delay. We were busy because of the 2.7.0 and then I forgot your
patches :) And it was a bit late to add it into the 2.7.0.
No problem.

  Because the metric name is indeed badly chosen but we can't break the
compatibility, especially in a LTS version.
Ok, I understand that. We need to find new names for the metric

IMHO, we should keep the current metric and its description should be updated to mention it is
deprecated. This way, we will be able to remove it in the 2.9 or 3.0. This means we should find new
names for the aggregated servers status and the aggregated check status.
"ST_F_AGG_SRV_STATUS" is pretty good for the first one. I may propose
"ST_F_AGG_CHECK_STATUS" for the second one.

Not very clear, the value to change to keep the compatibility is the metric
name itself ?

do you propose to use?:
- haproxy_backend_agg_check_status ( to aggregate haproxy_server_check_status )
- haproxy_backend_agg_status ( to aggregate haproxy_server_status )
Or
- haproxy_backend_agg_srv_check_status ( to aggregate
haproxy_server_check_status
- haproxy_backend_agg_srv_status ( to aggregate haproxy_server_status )

For reminder we currently have
- haproxy_backend_agg_server_check_status  ( to aggregate haproxy_server_status
)

( and we have also have haproxy_backend_status, for the status of the backend
itself )

Cedric Paillet

Sorry, indeed I mentioned the enum ID and not the promex name. I proposed to keep "haproxy_bakcned_agg_server_check_status" altering its description to announce it is deprecated. And then to add "haproxy_backend_agg_check_status" (aggregate haproxy_server_check_status) and "haproxy_backend_agg_server_status" or "haproxy_backend_agg_srv_status" (to aggregate haproxy_server_status).

--
Christopher Faulet