Hi Przemek,

_temp.def : warning LNK4093: Drive/Directory component ignored in
"LIBRARY" staement
Creating library ..\..\lib\vc\ace32.lib and object ..\..\lib\vc \ace32.exp

This is part of batch file to create import library from .dll
I do not know why we have it. Valid import libraries may be
distributed by Extended System and we do not have to make
them ourself - the original import libraries may be differ
then the one we are creating. Additionally some linkers do not
need import libraries at all and can use .dll directly.
IMHO such functionality can be added only as option. F.e.
.bat file in bin/ subdirectory which will creates import libraries
from .dll just like hb-mkslib creates shared libraries (.so, .dll, .dyn)
from static ones (.a) and object files (.o)

We have it because some packages won't supply a .lib file
for the compiler _type and version_ users might happen to use.

F.e. ADS will supply MSVC compatible .lib files, but none for
BCC55, which I personally (and pbly other ppl too) happen to
use. So instead of me having to do this step manually all
the time (been there), the make system will do it for me
automatically.

This is implemented for all contribs which need a .dll,
and there are such ones (like Apollo) which won't provide
you any .libs for any compilers.

This service won't hurt anyone, yet it can help many ppl, so
I cannot see where the problem is here.

[ yes, external tool requirement would be better to be dropped,
but unfortunately no better solution came up in the lengthy
discussion back then, and 'sed' is free and std GNU tool, so
we're true to the spirit. ]

Brgds,