On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Adam Lubszczyk wrote:

Hi,

> > It's not necessary. This CDX file uses Windows unicode collation function
> > to hash index keys. The index key size is twice longer and is unreadable
> > (check ordKeyVal()). Such indexes can be created and used only in Windows
> > because MS haven't documented the collation algorithm and as usual it's
> > not
> > compatible with Unicode standards. So I decided to not add support for
> > such
> > indexes. If you need to use them in [x]Harbour then you can hack DBFCDX
> > and
> > hash index keys with this function but it will work only in W32 - such
> > modifications should not take more then few lines.
> Maybe You make new RDD "VFP" for Visual FoxPro CDX indexes as hacked DBFCDX

But it will be still Windows only RDD which cannot be used on any other
OSes so it will only increase the gray area of strict MS binary
compatibility. Personally I do not like to take a part in such process.
But it's a free project and if someone is interested then he can make it.
In such case I would like to ask to not add such functionality to core code
but create new RDD in contrib.