Only a note
ads v 9 use  visual fox pro 9 data and index and run in win 32-64- and Linux

 ADS<9 has provided support for FoxPro tables and CDX/IDX indexes for
a long time, ADS 9 has added full support for Visual FoxPro tables,
including auto-increment, date/time, and VarChar fields. Advantage can
use its proprietary, high-performance locking with Visual FoxPro
tables, but also supports a compatibility mode, permitting legacy
applications that access the Visual FoxPro tables directly to co-exist
with newer, Advantage-based applications. Advantage adds the new
ADS_VFP table type for this support.

so is samebody want share data with a visual foxpro9 application can
use rddads in local mode (free)
Advantage is also available in a local file server version, similar to
isam. This version, the Advantage Local Server, is free.

here you can download aceapi
http://www.sybase.com/products/databasemanagement/advantagedatabaseserver
recompile rddads point to this lib

#include "ads.ch"
request ADS
procedure main
 RddSetdefault( "ADS" )
 AdsSetFileType( ADS_CDX )
 RddRegister ( "ADS", 1 )
 AdsSetServerType( ADS_LOCAL_SERVER )

2009/4/17 Przemyslaw Czerpak <dru...@acn.waw.pl>:
> On Fri, 17 Apr 2009, Adam Lubszczyk wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> > It's not necessary. This CDX file uses Windows unicode collation function
>> > to hash index keys. The index key size is twice longer and is unreadable
>> > (check ordKeyVal()). Such indexes can be created and used only in Windows
>> > because MS haven't documented the collation algorithm and as usual it's
>> > not
>> > compatible with Unicode standards. So I decided to not add support for
>> > such
>> > indexes. If you need to use them in [x]Harbour then you can hack DBFCDX
>> > and
>> > hash index keys with this function but it will work only in W32 - such
>> > modifications should not take more then few lines.
>> Maybe You make new RDD "VFP" for Visual FoxPro CDX indexes as hacked DBFCDX
>
> But it will be still Windows only RDD which cannot be used on any other
> OSes so it will only increase the gray area of strict MS binary
> compatibility. Personally I do not like to take a part in such process.
> But it's a free project and if someone is interested then he can make it.
> In such case I would like to ask to not add such functionality to core code
> but create new RDD in contrib.
>
> best regards,
> Przemek

Massimo Belgrano