> Massimo Belgrano wrote:
>>
>> is repeatable  following sequence operation in mytest on tree machine
>> 1 type content of mytest.prg
>> ----mytest.prg
>> func MAIN
>>  ? "ciao"
>>  return
>> 2 select with mouse from n(last char of return ) to f(first of func)
>> included
>> 3 move the mouse to menu edit and select copy but you lost selection
>> Need only 3 row in source to show problem and select by last character to
>> first
> I repeat, I cannot reproduce.
> Selection stays as is.
> Did you recompiled hbQT, hbXBP, and hbIDE ?
Recompiled all harbour with
win-make clean install
then recompiled hbide -rebuild
I notice problem on two my machine (notebook,pc) and on pc of italian
friend using harbour
Follow is How works
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stUEhURkNPRFtYRFpbWFNcVVVQ

>> Why not work like Notepad and xmate ?
>> I will think two solution:
>>  - a easy reset to usable condition
>>  - a parametric flag use persistent selection . disabled for default
>> --
>>

> I suppose you remained absent from the list
> for some time and hence are not aware of what got implemented
> lately on "selections" front in hbIDE. Read all conversations on
> hbIDE for last 20 days, you will know.
>
> It is possible to disable persistent selections with an option.
> I will look into later this week.
IMO Persistence selection  must be activated only by user that know it
for me is .........difficult to use, think for harbours's newbbies

--
Massimo Belgrano