Viktor Szakáts wrote:

> So it changes current dir in context of the subprocess
> it calls compared to the one it uses on its own.

Yep.

> We can juggle the words, but you do change current dir
> throughout HBIDE, since hbmk2 isn't started in the same
> dir as is HBIDE.

this is what I am trying to convey.

It depend how hbIDE is invoked.

One can invoke it with desktop icon with/without
"Start in:" field entry on "Shortcut" tab in "Properties"
dialog when selection with right-click on appln icon.

the other can call as:
   C:\MyOwnFolder\>E:\harbour\contrib\hbide\hbide.exe
then the curdir() if called in hbIDE will show up "MyOwnFolder"

> Anyhow it's not relevant at the end since you have to
> rebase path anyway, because you change current dir also
> for running the executable.

To pull out the absolute path is required to execute.
"Stay in" also relevant because application will be expecting
its components relative to that folder.

> BTW changing curdir for hbmk2 could be avoided and
> replaced by '-o<project_dir>/' hbmk2 option.

I did not know.

Where .hbmk folder will be created ? At '-o<project_dir>/'
or where from this is called ? I knew that -o option is
to place the target executable. Does it also affect the
intermediatory files ?

-----
     enjoy hbIDEing...
        Pritpal Bedi