** SAINT LUCIA. I am acting, again this year, as the PR Director and QSL
Manager for the second annual  St. Lucia Independence Special Event put on by
the J6 Portable Group.

We will be using the call:  J64SLI / 36

We will commence operations on UT 21 Feb and cease operation on UT 23 Feb, 2015
(although we may be testing a few hours before beginning the actual event...)

Our QTH will be on the beach in St. Lucia, using numerous Buddipole arrays and
various home-brew dipoles. The plan as present is to have at least four
operating positions active at all times; but we will see how that goes.

We will be using various modes including CW, SSB, PSK-31 and RTTY and will
operate as many bands as possible, depending as one would expect on solar
conditions. Our St. Lucia Independence Spl Event is to be a solely QRP (5 Watts
or less) event and will be operated using only solar power!

We will respond to both Amateur contacts and SWL reports. The requirements for
direct confirmation are as follows:

USA: SASE needs to be included.

Europe (or elsewhere): An SAE and 2 US Dollars or 2 Euros are required or
confirmation will be via the Bureau. Just a note here we prefer no IRC's as
they are difficult to get the Post Office to allow us to use them.

Address info is on a number of DX sites, like ARRL DX News etc. But, also on my
QRZ page http://www.qrz.com and search for WB5Q. It is at the top of my page.
As far as frequencies, we will use any allowable band that is open, so a search
of the DX Clusters would find us quickly, I am sure.

We look forward to many more contacts this year. I sincerely appreciate your
help in getting the word out about our Special Event. 73 de (WB5Q / John
Carson, Norman, OK, Feb 14, WORLD OF RADIO 1761, DX LISTENING DIGEST)