** CUBA. 10080, Dec 11 at 0416, RHC harmonic is on with dead air as I
am prompted to check it by some guy on WA0RCR at this very minute. But
this time there is an equally strong unmodulated carrier on
fundamental 5040. Something`s always wrong at RHC. Next check at 0729:
5040 and 10080 are off, but 5025 & 10050 are now on with dead air,
S9/+10 and S9+10/20 respectively. On 10050 some weak crackling as if
Rebelde modulation be trying to break thru. Something`s always wrong
at RadioCuba (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 6060, Dec 11 at 0742, RHC with song in Spanish, S9+10/20,
overmodulated/distorted with humbuzz; shortly English announcement
during jazz show on // 6165, S9/+10 with lower modulation and hum.
Something`s always wrong at RHC (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** CUBA. 13772 & 13628 approx., Dec 11 at 1506, RHC spurblobs out of
13700 AM sounding normal, but the spurs lack any program modulation,
and in FM mode some tone presumed the traditional F# above middle C,
tho not reconfirmed on my unhandy keyboard. Plus/minus ~72 kHz first
order, so also check 144 kHz away for second-orders: yes, there but
weaker circa 13556, but too much WWCR 13845 with sporadic E boost to
detect one circa 13844. // 13740 also on, innocent byfrequency.
Something`s always wrong at RHC (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** INDONESIA [non]. 7780, Dec 11 at 0801, VOI in English via WRMI,
S7/S9 direct, headlines or intro as I am trying to lock on to the
accent; 0802 already to song, anthem? 0805 ID and news? Sounds worth
listening to, but shall not stay awake any longer (Glenn Hauser, OK,
WOR)

** NIGERIA. 7255-, Dec 11 at 0739, no signal from VON; if there were,
it would be hardly modulated (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** OKLAHOMA [and non]. 90.1, continued from my last report about KUCO,
Edmond/OKC. Normal Met Opera time is 18 UT Saturdays, not 17, as I
slipped into CDT mode despite my best efforts. However, with
extra-long opera = plural of opus, Met will advance start to 1730 or
even 1700, a really annoying practice pre-empting other programming;
instead of just lasting late as necessary.

I am glad however to confirm that Lane Whitesell`s anonymous
vocal-music-filler hours post-Met still exist. This week, over to him
at 2125.5 UT. He starts with something by César Franck since Dec 10 is
his birthday, and then two other b-day composers of atonal modern
music. Relying on bdays as a programming method might seem a crutch,
tho I myself have done it on WUOT. However, if one consult an
exhaustive calendar, it`s a good way not to overlook composers,
performers, perhaps premières, at least once every septayear, except
for leap-year confusions --- if applied to a weekly program.

New slightly modified branding is ``Oklahoma`s voice for the
performing arts``. Unusually this Saturday afternoon, direct KUCO 90.1
signal was completely blotted by KHCC Radio Kansas, Hutchinson with
tropo up. QRM from this is frequently a problem on various portable
radios around here - they are also classical but also with
considerable newstalk such as BBCWS overnight; currently in a pledge
drive.

A new one on the KUCO sked is `The Third Floor`, Sunday 9 am-noon CT.
10-11 am used to be occupied by quarterly series such as Santa Fe
Chamber Music Festival - I sure hope KUCO finds some place for that
when it come around again, likely Q2 2023, as lead-in for next year`s
live fest July-August!

What an odd name. Listening Sun Dec 11 at 1637 UT, it`s Bill Cromwell
introducing Mahler`s 8th, so I search him out, finding him extremely
bald:
https://classicalthirdfloor.org/

``The show is called The Third Floor because I imagine a third floor
in some grand home, an upper level above the domestic, where you'd
find a study, a library, a studio, and a music room, It's a place for
contemplation, learning, exploration, reading, thought ... and
attentive listening``. This two-sesquihour show comes from PRX, not
WFMT.

The long Mahler 8 is rudely interrupted at 1700 for KUCO ID, and then
the *second* hour of Third Floor again, instead of third, as he says
the Mahler will start in about half an hour; meanwhile, some
Hovhannes! I listen to his Mahler intro the second time, and cringe
again when he mispronounces ``Singverein`` as ``-reen``(Glenn Hauser,
Enid, WOR)

** TURKEY [and non]. 5960, Dec 10 at 2332, VOT is VG S9+20/30 into
UTwente, including considerable CCCCCCI from East Turkistan, std
denunciation; while to Maryland SDR it`s S9/+5 with little CCCCCCI.
Subject seems obesity. Oh2, 2359 still on with IS, Dec 11 0000
timesignal, simulblotted by *0000 The Mighty KBC via Nauen, GERMANY.
The collision I have been predicting as on a random basis, TRT may
keep going past 0000 for unscheduled German, as I can barely confirm
in a few minutes, with XJPBS also still in the mix.

Unknown when TRT cut off as I soon had enough of that. 0013 recheck,
KBC seems to be solo. This will cease to be a problem from 2023y as
KBC quits Nauen due to increasing cost - blame Putin? And moves to
WRMI 5950, 22 hours later at 22-24 UT Sundays. Unfortunately there is
a `collision` in program timings vs two of the most popular music
shows on WBCQ 7490, Marion`s Attic and Uncle Bill`s Melting Pot! I`m
amazed that program scheduling decisions are made in a vacuum without
consideration for the competition from the listeners` POV. If we are
stuck with that KBC time on RMI, a solution could be for WBCQ to move
those two shows 24h earlier to 22-24 UT Saturdays -- strangely enough,
the 7490 sked shows nothing at all between 20 and 24 Saturdays, so
really available? How about it, UB? (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 2168 monitoring: confirmed Saturday
December 10 starting late at 2053.7 on WA0RCR, 1860 AM, MO, until
2122.6, i.e. almost 29:00 minutes, after the music-only portion of my
openings and the country list have been edited out; and quick WA0RCR
IDs inserted every dekaminute. Preceding was `QSO Today` and following
was ARRL news, but I think this is not always the case. Good
groundwave signal into nearby SDR; JBA carrier audible direct, as we
are in wintry lowest sun zenith, allowing residual skywave. Possibly
would be readable without high local line noise level = HLNL.

Also confirmed UT Sunday December 11 at 0030 on WRMI 7780, S5/S7 into
Maurice LA SDR claiming to be the best one; and starting with WRMI`s
self-imposed noise burst blasting off the first few seconds of my
opening on this System.

Also confirmed UT Sunday December 11 at 0419 on WA0RCR, 1860 AM, MO,
about 10 minutes into so started early around 0409; S9+10/20 into
nearby SDR but with some storm crashes: nearest is a small one in NW
corner of AL; major area in central/SE TX. Next:

2100 UT Sunday IRRS 1323 & 918? & 207?-Italy
0030 UT Monday WRMI 7780 to SW
0400vUT Monday WBCQ Area 51 6160v to WSW
0130 UT Tuesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
2330 UT Tuesday WRMI 9955 to SSE [jammed by Cuba]
0030 UT Wednesday WRMI 9395 to NNW
1030 UT Wednesday WRMI 5850 to NW
2200 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 9395 to NNW
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 5010 to S

Full schedule including AM, FM, webcasts, satellite, podcasts:
http://www.worldofradio.com/radioskd.html

A noncommercial service for which financial support is appreciated.
Thanks to Doug Brown, London, ON Canada, for a generous contribution
on a
US bank, ``Thanks for another year of great information and useful
tips``, to
Glenn Hauser, P O Box 1684, Enid OK 73702, USA.

One may also contribute via PayPal, not necessarily in US funds, to:
woradio at yahoo.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A [and non]. 9329.80V, Sunday Dec 11 at 0732, WBCQ/WLCR S9+10
in English, ex-Brazuguese, ex-Spanish during this hour. A new language
sked had just been widely publicized as Portuguese, but it`s already
out of date! The new sked still makes no sense as to prime listening
or sleeping hours in various targets. I wonder if WBCQ itself play any
role in picking language playbacks, or if totally remote-controled
from WLCR HQ, wherever that may be, Cairo? Explaining how one may
qualify for RCC sainthood; British accents make WLCR sound so
authoritative! Frequency keeps wavering as I try to pin its
measurement. No sign of Cuban spies despite that being `scheduled` per
EiBi on days 1357 = Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun; while Aoki shows days 1246 =
Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri. IIRC the night before, Sat, or was it anteayer Fri,
the two collided making a big het (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 9955, Dec 11 at 1503, this WRMI is still on with Blalock the
Blaster; did not follow how long he may have onstayed this Sunday,
unknown whether will still be off long before the weekday 1530 DX
program strip (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A. 15770, Dec 11 at 1919, WRMI, S9+10 into Maryland SDR, with
classical `cello music, as first noted last Sunday by Richard Langley.
Per following announcement it`s `Music & Medicine` by a doctor who
correlates the two M`s. Outro as some Piazzola, then about Bach`s
Goldberg Variations as a sleep aid -- but then plays something else,
Wagner`s Tannhäuser Overture. 1935 Nocturne by Chaikovsky. 1942 The
Swan by Saint-Saëns. This show was publicized by WRMI as not starting
until January 1!:

``Music & Medicine is a Classical Music/Medical Advice Show that is
hosted by Dr. Carl Werne, MD. Dr. Werne combines his 50 year medical
career in emergency medicine with an equally long love of Classical
Music and the Cello. Dr. Werne has performed all over the nation with
greats like Isaac Stern. As a performer/composer, he has recorded over
35 CDs and has performed on stage in Colorado, Florida, Connecticut
and Carnegie Hall in New York City. Music & Medicine will be heard at
1900-2000 UTC Sundays beginning January 1, 2023 on 15770 kHz`` (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

** VANUATU. 7260, Dec 11 at 0739, R. Vanuatu is JBA still here rather
than harmonicizing on 7890, 11835 (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** VATICAN. 9710, Dec 11 at 0747, Slavic talk, certainly not Russian,
S9/+10 where normally there is nothing. EiBi shows it`s VR in
Ukrainian, Sundays only so liturgy? at 0705-0800, to be followed by
Romanian, 0810-0920. I was wondering why not encountering this on
9645,  as in seAsons when they were also one UT hour earlier. Now too
much CCCCCCI on 9645 per listings tho not much here. 9710 at 0756
choral music, 0800 first 4 notes of VR IS, before chopoff* (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1098 kHz, Dec 11 at 0752, only 9/kHz split JBA carrier
detectable, presumed V7AB MARSHALL ISLANDS, in the absence of any 846,
presumably another silent Sunday on Kiritimati (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report dispatched at 1956 UT December 11