** OKLAHOMA. Tornado outbreak early UT May 7. Already by 2227 UT May
6, tornado in next county. All four major OKC TV stations are
wall-to-wall, blowing away entire primetime schedules. FM bandscan
finds not a single OKC FM station plugged into TV coverage, business
as usual -- far-right extremist talk, stupid sports talk, commercials
and occasional music; nor at first around Enid. Finally by 0020, KFOR
is heard via 89.7 and 90.5 gospel huxters. KOFM 103.1 Enid finally
goes to weather coverage, local? much of it off-mike.

Each TV station has sibling ``sub`` stations where network prime can
be shunted. Not checked until 0350 UT when KSBI `52` has Colbert from
CBS instead of on KWTV `9`. NBC might have been shifted from  KFOR `4`
to KAUT `43` but instead duplicating 4. KOCO `5` might have put ABC on
5.2, MeTV but not now, or ever? KOKH `25` Fox could go to KOCB `34`,
unchecked. All three of our TV screens in the studio are active,
leading us to conclude the same order of preference for storm
coverage, as the virtual channel numbers, 4, 5 and 9 [RF: 27, 7,
25].

A previous outbreak had WTW coverage blowing away NBC News at 5:30 CDT
as well as local KFOR news at 10 pm which normally plays back at 12:37
am - so we were pleased to find NBC News then instead, making it truly
`Nightly for once.

This night, as we are ready to run for our shelter, two tornado trax
storm just north of Enid and just south of Enid. How much longer can
our luck hold up? You may have seen what one of `our` tornadoes did
later to Barnsdall, Osage County (Glenn Hauser, Enid, WOR)

** TURKEY. 11785.009, May 6 at 2206, VOT not off the air, S9+45/60
into UTwente, from news to `Review of the Turkish Press` at 2210
(Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

** TURKEY. 11785.008, May 7 at 2158, VOT not off the air, IS audible
direct but insufficient vs noise level. Multi-hop propagation is still
degraded. After 2230 into Maryland SDR, it`s VG, S9+10/20. Badax is
talking for several minutes about what? I try to figure that out:
something about AI. 2245 outro as `Weekly Commentary`. They should let
the ``penner`` read it. 2246 ``always-by-your-side`` promo and
`Turkey`s Geomarked [sic] Products` - honey produxion in eastern
Anatolia from Caucasian bees, somekind of ``-- flower honey``. 2249
``with-you-every-hour`` promo, song. 2252 s/off by the OM mentions NO
SW, just satellite and internet. 2253.5 IS plays until 2255.7* chop,
no finesse, depriving us of any extraneous German to follow (Glenn
Hauser, OK, WOR)

** U S A [and non]. WORLD OF RADIO 2241 monitoring: confirmed UT
Tuesday May 7 at 0344 the irregular 0330 on WRMI 7780, S9+15 into
Querétaro SDR.

Confirmed Tuesday May 7 at 1320 the 1300 on WRMI 9955, but S7 JBA
direct, my voice recognizable, and seems like crosstalk but nothing
else should be on 9955; no jamming audible, anyway. Next:

2330 UT Tuesday WRMI 9395 to NNW;
2330 UT Tuesday SW Radio, Germany 3975;
1930 UT Wednesday SW Radio, Germany 3975 & 6160;
2100 UT Wednesday WBCQ 7490v to WSW;
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 5010 to S;
0130 UT Thursday WRMI 9395 to NNW;
1630 UT Thursday SW Radio, Germany 6160.

As noncommercial services, financial support appreciated. Thanks this
week for  a generous contribution from Dan Sheedy, Encinitas CA,
``Glenn, Feliz cumple-whosis & beeg thanks for all the DX info you &
the `WOR Crew` provide -  Cheers from the beach, Dan``, to: Glenn
Hauser, P O Box 1684, Enid OK 73702.

One may also contribute, not necessarily in US funds, via PayPal to:
woradio at yahoo.com (Glenn Hauser, OK, WOR)

This report dispatched at 2320 UT May 7