Do you lead with Hillary or the Middle East today?  Big question for a number of
producers scouring the newspapers this morning...Juicy details leaked all over town on
Hillary's new book have the media/political circles buzzing...We'll hit both
tonight...We'll do Hillary with her former press secretary Lisa Caputo, NY Post Albany
guy/Hillary watcher Fred Dicker...And of course Patrick Caddell...

For the Bush/Middle East story, we got Senator Lott who'll sound off on the big
tripartite meeting (Bush, Abbas & Sharon)...Are the prospects for peace real or is
this the same old photo-op song and dance?

On the Martha Stewart story, we'll talk to CNBC's Jim Cramer...

Dershowitz has a new book out and will debate Jerry Falwell on the notion of our
country's Christian roots...Dershowitz argues that the Founding Fathers never intended
our country or laws to be based on Biblical principles and that the religious right
has "hijacked" our founding documents to push a religious agenda...He even claims that
Jefferson didn't believe in the Bible....This'll be a hot one for sure...

In the Buzz, we've got Katrina on set...We'll lead with Hillary and see where that
takes us...I got a call out to Terry but he's out in Standford doing a speech at
Hoover...If you're reading this Terry, call me...

Here's Katrina "editors cut" blog http://www.thenation.com/edcut/index.mhtml?bid=7

Dominic Bellone wrote, compiled and edited The Hardball Briefing

Now back to Hillary...

"The most difficult decisions I have made in my life were to stay married to Bill and
to run for the Senate from New York"

Hillary Clinton describes betrayal...Hillary Rodham Clinton, admitting anger and tears
over her husband's affair with Monica Lewinsky, says President Clinton lied to her
about the relationship until the weekend before he admitted as much to a grand jury.
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/exports/ct_infobeat.asp?/news/921836.asp

"I could hardly breathe.  Gulping for air, I started crying and yelling at him, 'What
do you mean? What are you saying? Why did you lie to me?' I was furious and getting
more so by the second...As a wife, I wanted to wring Bill's neck"

"Whitewater never seemed real because it wasn't,"

AP
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030604/ap_en_ot/hillary_clinton_book_22

Daily News: http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/89421p-81345c.html

A stunningly candid Hillary Rodham Clinton reveals in her explosive new book that
cheating hubby Bill repeatedly lied to her about his affair with Monica Lewinsky until
two days before he was forced to 'fess up to a grand jury - and admits she didn't take
it well. (NY Post) http://nypost.com/news/nationalnews/408.htm

Clinton Memoir Leaked...Hillary Clinton says in her upcoming memoir that her husband
did not tell her the truth about the Lewinsky affair for eight months, until the eve
of his testimony before a grand jury. (The Washington Post)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10831-2003Jun4.html

Bush convenes key Mideast summit...President Bush was meeting with the Israeli and
Palestinian prime ministers at a summit in Jordan on Wednesday, hopeful that a
commitment from Arab leaders will lend new impetus for his Middle East "road map" for
peace in the region.
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/exports/ct_infobeat.asp?/news/801833.asp

Text of Statements by Mideast Leaders and President Bush (AP)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12474-2003Jun4.html?nav=hptop_ts

President Bush ordered his two top foreign policy advisers on Wednesday to vigorously
push his Middle East peace plan and tapped a veteran U.S. diplomat to monitor its
day-to-day implementation. (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=IW10YTFJF15POCRBAEKSFFA?type=politicsNews&storyID=2877198

Martha Stewart indicted...Media maven indicted on nine counts stemming from insider
trading scandal (AP) http://msnbc.com/news/922014.asp?0cv=CA01

Wolfowitz: Iraq war was about oil (London Guardian)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,970331,00.html

The C.I.A. review will determine whether American intelligence miscalculated the
extent of the threat posed by Saddam Hussein's weapons programs. (The New York Times)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=68&ncid=68&e=2&u=/nyt/20030604/ts_nyt/iraqarmsreportnowthesubjectofaciareview

The Pentagon launched a campaign on Wednesday to rebut allegations it sought to mold
U.S. intelligence findings to support the view that Iraq's alleged weapons of mass
destruction posed an imminent threat to American interests. (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=IW10YTFJF15POCRBAEKSFFA?type=politicsNews&storyID=2876913

Key vote on 'partial-birth' abortions...Following an eight-year battle, the House on
Wednesday is expected to approve a ban on a procedure opponents call partial birth
abortion. http://www.msnbc.com/modules/exports/ct_infobeat.asp?/news/921961.asp

Iraqis Say They Will Defy U.S. On Council Plan...Groups Vow to Select Interim Rulers
(The Washington Post)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A10207-2003Jun3.html

U.S. Army engineers used bulldozers, backhoes and other equipment to dig through a
rubble-filled crater Wednesday, trying to determine if Saddam Hussein died in an April
7 airstrike on a house where he was believed to be hiding. (AP)
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=540&e=2&u=/ap/20030604/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_saddam_search

Pentagon officials meet with regime foe...Administration officials have been meeting
quietly with an Iranian opposition figure who is trying to unify internal resistance
to Iran's ruling clerics and spur a regime change in his country. (The Washington
Times) http://washingtontimes.com/world/20030603-103140-3533r.htm

Sneed: State fare?
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sneed/cst-nws-sneed04.html

Opinion/Editorial

Pat's Must Read: An unnecessary war http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32894

Rate of diminishing returns...President Bush's proposed marginal-tax-rate reductions
will do little to stimulate the economy, writes Daniel Gross in Slate.
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/exports/ct_infobeat.asp?/news/921617.asp

Joe: 'The Real Deal' on the Martha Stewart witch hunt http://msnbc.com/news/921885.asp

Krugman: Standard Operating Procedure
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/03/opinion/03KRUG.html

Press: Go, Hillary, go! Don't underestimate Clinton http://msnbc.com/news/921885.asp

Shafer: Dead Man Editing...Sooner or later, the beleaguered Howell Raines will take a
bullet for his paper. http://slate.msn.com/default.aspx?id=2083931

Curry: Appointing a nominee to the Supreme Court is one of a president's chances to
make history. He can put his stamp on the law for decades to come. But if the
president and his search team botch the selection, the stage is set for defeat even
before the nominee's name goes to the Senate. http://www.msnbc.com/news/916677.asp

Meyerson: Real Live Democrats
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9423-2003Jun3.html

Ilana: Downsizing jobs, outsourcing lives: Part 2
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=32895

Dowd: Bomb and Switch
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/04/opinion/04DOWD.html?n=Top/Opinion/Editoria

Mallard http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/fun/mallard.asp

Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received
The Hardball Briefing Newsletter because you subscribed to it or,
someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=19
<http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=19>