Hardball airs on MSNBC at 7p, 11p & 4a ET & 4p, 8p & 1a PT  Find MSNBC on your
TV http://www.msnbc.com/CableOperator.asp  MSNBC also is on your XM satellite
radio on channel 130

Tonight we lead with Cpl. Travis Eichelberger who served in Iraq and was
awarded the Purple Heart only to have it revoked due to the nature of the
wound...We'll get his compelling story tonight and also talk to retired Marine
General Bernard Trainor...

Revocation of Medals Adds Insult to Marines' Injuries...Service Members Shamed
by Incident (The Washington Post) http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6930414/

DNC Chairman Terry McAuliffe is stepping down this week with Howard Dean all
but assured the post...McAuliffe stops by to reflect on his four years, Dean's
ascendancy, the Bush administration, the state and future of the party yada,
yada, yada...

Mark Burnett is here as well...You may not know the name but you know his
shows...He's the creator of such hits as "The Apprentice" and
"Survivor"...Plus, the new Martha Stewart reality show...He'll join us to talk
TV and his new book "Jump In! Even If You Don't Know How to Swim"

Later in the show we speak with actors Fran Drescher from the hit sitcom "The
Nanny" (Spinal Tap enthusiasts will remember her as Bobbi Fleckman) and Ron
Silver, a face well known on Scarborough, "After Hours" and from our convention
coverage...Ron Reagan will also join us as well...We'll talk to Silver and Fran
about why they're in DC and the big party they're going to tonight...We'll also
ask Fran about a legislative crusade near and dear to her heart...Plus, today
the Ronald Reagan stamp went on sale today...We'll show it to you and get Ron's
take...In addition, Ron Reagan's got a new show on MSNBC...Check it out
http://nbcumv.com/msnbc/release_detail.nbc/msnbc-20050209000000-quotconnectedcoa.html

I hope you'll find time in your busy day to join us...

Thanks, Dominic Bellone wrote, compiled and edited The Hardball Briefing from
Washington, DC

Rice talks tough on Iranian nukes...But top diplomat says U.S. has set 'no
deadline' (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6911810/

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice urged Gulf states Tuesday to take a greater
role in securing Middle East peace, and accused Syria of supporting terrorists
bent on destabilizing the region. (Reuters)
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&u=/nm/20050208/ts_nm/rice_syria_dc_4&printer=1

No Iranian government, present or future, will give up the country's drive to
master peaceful nuclear technology, including uranium enrichment, President
Mohammad Khatami said on Wednesday (Reuters)
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=ZEVHDJA1BVPUYCRBAEKSFFA?type=topNews&storyID=7582941

Bush agenda would boost government...Some conservatives concerned about federal
reach (The Washington Post) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6936733/

Congress unlikely to embrace Bush wish list...Experts say cuts in many domestic
programs may be unrealistic (The Washington Post)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6930418/

A majority of New York voters see Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton as honest and
they give her high marks for a good job, according to a poll released
Wednesday. (AP) http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050209/D8855AI80.html

Minn. senator won't seek re-election, sources say...Democrat Dayton was atop
GOP target list (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6941290/

Sen. John Kerry is contributing $1 million to the Democratic National Committee
to support efforts by the next chairman, Howard Dean, in building grassroots
support for the party at the state level. (AP)
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050209/D8854KT00.html

Beloved former TV host and now senior citizens' spokesman Art Linkletter has
decided to go toe-to-toe with the AARP on politics and policy. (Human Events)
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=6561

I Am George Bush: Why the President Loves Wolfe (NY Observer)
http://observer.com/pages/frontpage7.asp

Blair apologizes for wrongful IRA jailings...11 innocents were imprisoned in
deadly 1974 bombings in U.K (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6939837/

Overhaul proposed for campaign funding...Two election officials on Wednesday
prosposed overhauling the Watergate-era presidential public financing system by
allowing candidates who take taxpayer money for the primaries get to spend at
the record levels of last year's race. (AP) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6940428/

Display Stirs Controversy In Land Park...Soldier's Uniform Hangs From Noose In
Front Of Home (KCRA-TV) http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/4180042/detail.html

Opinion/Editorial

Terry: Secure the Border http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=6553

Doonesbury http://www.ucomics.com/doonesbury/

This email is never sent unsolicited. You have received
The Hardball Briefing Newsletter because you subscribed to it or,
someone forwarded it to you.

http://www.msnbc.com/tools/newstools/e/emailextra.asp?nfeature=19

http://privacy.msn.com