Last night the '08 Democratic field went on the offensive, setting their sights
on frontrunner Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) in what shaped up to be the most
contentious debate of the primary season so far. Did Fmr. Sen. John Edwards
(D-NC) and Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) succeed in stunting Clinton's momentum?

Hardball's David Shuster will report on the highlights and then we'll hear from
the Politico's Roger Simon, the Washington Post's Anne Kornblut and MSNBC's Pat
Buchanan on who they think benefited the most from last night's attacks.

Next, we'll bring you the latest news from the '08 campaign trail. AFSCME, one
of the highest profile unions in the country, announced their endorsement for
President today. Who did they endorse and why? Tune into our interview with
AFSCME Pres. Gerald McEntee to find out.

Obama opened the debate by calling his much-anticipated clash with Sen. Clinton
the "most hyped fight since Rocky and Apollo Creed." Did he throw any knockout
punches? Obama chief strategist David Axelrod will give you his thoughts.

We'll then take a further look at the most heated exchanges of the debate
during our roundtable discussion with Washington Post columnist Eugene
Robinson, Democratic communications consultant John Neffinger and Jennifer
Donahue from the N.H. Institute of Politics.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.