"If I am fortunate to become your president, I will serve no religion, no one
group, no one cause, and no one interest."

That was fmr. Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) today making his case to Republican
primary voters suspicious of his Mormon religion. Tune in tonight for reaction
from fmr. Bush speechwriter David Kuo and MSNBC's Pat Buchanan.

Can Romney win back Iowa's evangelical vote from rival and self-proclaimed
Christian leader Mike Huckabee (R)? Hardball's David Shuster will report on the
significance of today's address and then we'll take an in-depth look at impact
of faith on this year's GOP primary with Radio Iowa's O. Kay Henderson and
Jennifer Donahue from the NH Institute of Politics.

A new poll of New Hampshire Democrats shows Hillary Clinton (D-NY) with a
narrow lead over Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) just 33 days before votes are cast.
Will Clinton's recent attacks on Obama stunt his growing momentum? The
Politico's Roger Simon will tell you what he's been hearing out on the '08
campaign trail.

Plus, why did the Obama campaign have to change venues for this weekend's Oprah
event? And how is Hollywood responding to the Sen. Larry Craig (R-ID)'s airport
scandal?

We'll take a look at these stories and more in our roundtable discussion with
the National Review's Deroy Murdock, the Financial Times' Chrystia Freeland and
the American Prospect's Ezra Klein.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.