Oprah Winfrey has proven that when she endorses something - anything from books
to electronics to beauty products - people listen. Does her influence extend to
politicians and can she now play kingmaker for presidential candidate Sen.
Barack Obama (D-IL)? Hardball's David Shuster will report on the "Oprah Effect"
and then we'll preview her upcoming appearances on the campaign trail with
Georgetown Univ. Prof. Michael Eric Dyson and Shelby Steele, author of "A Bound
Man."

Next, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY) is pursuing a job no woman has held before -
the American presidency. So why do some 1960's feminists feel alienated by her
candidacy? Melinda Hennenberger, author of "If They Only Listened to Us," will
tell us why she thinks women who have most in common with Hillary appear
reluctant to support her.

Twenty-six years ago, Philadelphia police officer Danny Faulkner was gunned
down in the line of duty. Over the years, activists have rallied to free the
Mumia Abu-Jamal, the man convicted of Faulkner's murder. Tonight we'll talk to
his widow Maureen Faulkner who co-authored a book, "Murdered by Mumia," about
fighting back against the "Free Mumia" campaign.

Then, why did the White House have to issue a correction to Pres. Bush's speech
yesterday? And which '08 candidate does Gennifer Flowers think is "sexy?"

We'll have more on this week's hottest political stories in our "Friday Fix"
with the New Yorker's Ryan Lizza, the WashingtonPost.com's Chris Cillizza and
Bloomberg's Margaret Carlson.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.