The '08 contenders are just eight days away from the first major test of their
candidacy -- Iowa's first-in-the nation caucus. We'll talk to Hardball's David
Shuster and Newsweek's Howard Fineman about the latest news coming out of the
campaign trail.

Then, unconventional wisdom! NBC political analyst Charlie Cook will tell you
what the leading indicators have to say about the candidates' campaigns.

The New York Times ran a front-page story this morning that took a critical
look at Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY)'s claims of experience in the White House.
Tonight, Clinton supporter Rep. Joe Sestak (D-PA) will respond.

We'll then break down these stories in our Politics Fix with the Washington
Post's Eugene Robinson, MSNBC's Norah O'Donnell and MSNBC's Pat Buchanan.

Plus, don't miss the Hardball Power Rankings during the 7pm edition of the show
for a look at who's up and who's down in the race for the 2008 presidential
nominations.

For the latest on all of today's political news, go to the best political
website www.politics.msnbc.com, powered by NBC News and the National Journal.
And, don't forget to check out NBC's "First Read" and MSNBC.com's political
calendar.

Vidhya Murugesan compiled the "Hardball Briefing" from Washington, D.C.