Anybody:

I am looking for information about the relationship between Linux "Host Name", Vista "Volume Set", and Taskman "Box-Pair". %ZOSV does a function to recover the Linux "hostname", and this information is used, for instance, by %ZIS to determine whether the requested device is within the reach of the user. Taskman also uses Linux "hostname" to see if there is a box-pair defined, so taskman can run on specific server nodes.

I am new to Linux, is there any way to change the "hostname"? When I installed Linux, I took the default and it is 20 characters long. Vista likes simple names, like VAH, AAA, etc.

I think, without a proper setup of hostname, volumeset, box-pair, and so forth, neither deviceman nor taskman will work correctly. At least, I could not get SemiVistAViva0.4 to operate correctly, and I suspect this is the problem. I found after loading it that in Box-pair there was an assumed a name for my computer. GETENV^%ZOSV gets hostname for many VistA functions.

Is there any guidance out there for this issue ?

Dan Gray