Well hello Dan.  I looked for you when I went to Albuquerque but they
said you and Janet moved back to Portland.

Glad you're still interested in VistA

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Daniel Gray
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2004 8:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hardhats-members] Volume Sets

Anybody:

I am looking for information about the relationship between Linux "Host
Name", Vista "Volume Set", and Taskman "Box-Pair".  %ZOSV does a
function to recover the Linux "hostname", and this information is used,
for instance, by %ZIS to determine whether the requested device is
within the reach of the user.  Taskman also uses Linux "hostname" to see
if there is a box-pair defined, so taskman can run on specific server
nodes.

I am new to Linux, is there any way to change the "hostname"?  When I
installed Linux, I took the default and it is 20 characters long.  Vista
likes simple names, like VAH, AAA, etc.

I think, without a proper setup of hostname, volumeset, box-pair, and so
forth, neither deviceman nor taskman will work correctly.  At least, I
could not get SemiVistAViva0.4 to operate correctly, and I suspect this
is the problem.  I found after loading it that in Box-pair there was an
assumed a name for my computer.  GETENV^%ZOSV gets hostname for many
VistA functions.

Is there any guidance out there for this issue ?

Dan Gray