I can understand that the Volume concept is handled by the idea of a path in Linux, right?  Hmm... Are the globals just Linux files? If so, wouldn't the directory take the place of the UCI?  But I guess the next question is how is this exposed inside GT.M?

K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
GT.M does not have the concept of UCI and Volume, so I think for the
GT.M port they're always VAH & ROU.  (Or am I getting things mixed up?)
Also, when VistA is ported to GT.M, I believe the routines look for the
hostname from the Linux command "hostname -s".

Perhaps Chris Richardson, Rick Marshall, Wally Fort or Dave Whitten
could comment?

-- Bhaskar