And their software genuinely is without any merit.

How can you possibly say that?  What is your definition of merit?

Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ruben Safir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] == VistaWeb Missing Apps ==

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 05:48:43PM -0400, David Sommers wrote:
People that express strong anti-Microsoft or anti-Bill always strike a
nerve with me.

I can understand that, as a user, a product may not work as advertised
or as you intended but this is the exact FUD you knock MS for.

No

That's not true.  It's, frankly, an ignorant statement, and it's narrow
minded.

MS is a convicted monopolists, and their software, but not eclussively
there's, is trusted on the public without any market choice, and backed
billions of dollars of marketing lies.

They lie under oath.  How much more obvious can it get.

And their software genuinely is without any merit.  It is insecure,
it is poorly designed as a fact from a human interface perspective,
and it is expensive.

There is little I hate more than someone just making excuses for MS and
then is anyone complains about what is fameously obvious, that they then
point like the deserved critism of MS is somehow undeserved and is FUD.

Let me understand you, complaining about MS products is FUD, despite the
fact that it is supported by real science, but MS's billion dollar marketing
and illegal activities is an excuse to defend them?

Please.  Save it for the ignorant.

Your arguements have no grounds to stand on.

Ruben

Fear Uncertainty and Doubt.  The Microsoft today isn't the same
Microsoft 5 years ago or 10 years ago.  I think Windows 95 was "ok" and
Windows XP is much better and I'm hoping Longhorn is better than that.
I don't run Linux 2.4 anymore and I doubt many of you have a 1.x flavor
sitting around either.  Live and learn.

Do you FUD a MS product before ever installing it?  A great example is a
recent posting on Slashdot about Microsoft's latest product (in beta),
Acrylic.
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/11/1851231&tid=152&tid=109&tid=
185

The poster immediately bashes Microsoft and says: "Microsoft should be
prepared to eat another few million in lost development funds".  If,
however, you start to read the comments - the unbiased users immediately
point out that the user never really understood the product to begin
with.

Hey - I have a FC3 laptop to my left and my Powerbook to my right but
I'm writing to you on my XP box.  They all work.

I find that Apple and Linux users normally utilize FUD more than any
marketing engine out there.

And I don't mean to start a war because you don't have to "correct me"
on my own personal views and opinions.

Couple great blog posts by one of those evil worker bees in the shrine
of Bill.
http://neopoleon.com/blog/posts/13591.aspx
Quote: "Some of us come in peace, damn it."
http://neopoleon.com/blog/posts/13551.aspx
Quote: "I also agree about IE and standards. I'd love to see us
put out a kick-ass browser that conforms to standards."

(And no - I don't hold stock in MS.)

Be fair - be calm - be nice.

/David.