From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Peter Bodtke
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:58 PM
To: hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [VistA Office EHR-Forum] VOE > how much will it cost to implement?

>This one in InformationWeek
>http://www.informationweek.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=166403837

I showed up late to the party, so forgive me if this has already been worked
out, but I'm a bit confused as to how much an implementation might cost.

- The InformationWeek article put forward a first year estimate of $2700 for
5 doctor practice. It is not clear if that cost is per doctor.

- The New York Times article 'U.S. Will Offer Doctors Free Electronic
Records System' (7/21) stated "Installing Vista would cost $10,000 to
$12,000 for an entire medical practice." It looks like they were referring
to a practice of 5 doctors.

Have anyone put together detailed total cost of ownership projections? If
there is an open need, then I will volunteer assistance (that means working
with others!) gathering and preparing TCO estimates and associated
permutations (ex. - what are the hardware costs to a doctor with appropriate
hardware vs. what would it cost for a group of 2...8 doctors. Then networks,
configuration, training, support...)

Peter Bodtke

PS: Its been going through my mind non-stop, so here you go, "How much is
that doggie in the window..."