Exactly. My complaint was not that there were books (even many books)
about process in the Software Engineering section, but that there was
essentially nothing else. I also found it quite tellintg that there was
a separate section named Programming. Do you see separate sections for
electrical engineering and circuit design? Well, maybe. But even then,
the schism is hardly so glaring.

Clearly, large software projects can be daunting, and clearly it is not
enough simply to know a language and a DBMS. There is a LOT more that
goes into making projects succeed. Sadly, though, in softwre
engineering, we do not take the technical side of the discipline nearly
as seriously as we should, the invetiable result being poor quality and
high maintenance costs.