Gregory Woodhouse wrote:

In your original post, you focused primarily on object storage and access. Those are important, of course, but we can hardly ignore the question of how that database should be queried: What is the most natural way to refer to objects? If we have OIDs we're in business (but

Object IDs are definitely handled in the available object storage implementations such as Java Data Objects implementations.

Richard