On 24 August 2006 at 13:58, Oliver Deakin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Richard Liang wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm investigating the possibilities of migrating Harmony tests from
> > JUnit/Directory layout to TestNG while reviewing all the related
> > thread in mailing list. And I will try to answer the open issues. To
> > make things simple, I will post the issues one by one. ;-)
> >
> > Question: How to handle bootclasspath tests?
> >
> > IMHO, I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to use TestNG groups to
> > differentiate the "bootclasspath" tests and "classpath" tests.
> >
> > If we put "bootclasspath" and "classpath" tests in the same directory,
> > and use TestNG groups to differentiate them. When we want to run the
> > "bootclasspath" tests, we have to put all tests in bootclasspath
> > including the "classpath" tests. I don't think it's a good approach.
> > And I cannot find any ways to compile the java sources from one
> > directory into several different directories (ANT or Eclipse). So I
> > suggest we put bootclasspath tests and classpath tests into different
> > directories.
>
> Agreed - this is a fairly simple separation, and there is good reason to
> do it.
> My vote's for keeping bootclasspath and classpath tests physically separate.

Yes, I think this is the best way to handle this distinction too.

There are going to be more than enough "groups".  I thought about some
more earlier while trying the awt tests... we should identify which
tests require a display to run and which may be run "headless".

Regards,
 Mark.