On 10/19/06, Alex Astapchuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Pavel,

One more note.

> b) About call of java method during compilation time. Jit now make
class loading during compilation.
> It means that Jit make call of java method.
> So I don't think that it's the other case.

It is different.
The JIT itself does not call Java code.
All what JIT does is calling VM's resolve_{anything}. It's VM who may
execute the Java code during the resolution.

The JIT itself neither has a way to call an arbitrary Java method during
the compilation, neither has an access to JNI functionality.

Sounds reasonable. And this solution joins mine and Pavel's proposals: JIT
calls a VM method to resolve native address for direct call. JIT does not
care how the address is resolved in VM.
Alex, Pavel, what do you think about this interface?

--
Mikhail Fursov