Rana, Pavel (Afremov), All,

Geir's comment on r443504 (fix for
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1363 [drlvm] Java 1.5, 64
bit support, JVMTI improvements) reads:

> 1) Stack overflow exception stuff is broken.  I had to remove the
assert
>    in signals_ia32.cpp line 336.  Rana knows and will look.  I also
>    disabled the StackTest.

I have noticed that the patch added a new function
exn_raise_by_name_internal which fails on the first invocation checking
an assertion about thread state, see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-2070 [drlvm][unit]
org.apache.harmony.beans.tests.java.beans.PersistenceDelegateTest
crashes DRLVM.

I also have noticed that this function is called to create
java.lang.StackOverflowError.

Could you help me to understand the current status of the problem?

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,
Intel Java & XML Engineering

JIRA