IMHO, there are two JIRAs which document the issue: HARMONY-1809 and
HARMONY-1975.

I'll add another one to document the *incompatibility* in behaviour and
add a small test case which will always fail on the RI (until a
volunteer would make Harmony implementation compatible with RI in
respect to GapContent.replace()).

Thanks for your opinion, Stepan.

Regards,
Alexey.

>In our case evaluation of HARMONY-1809 and HARMONY-1975 showed a
>difference with RI. So we should fix/document it. Does this fit to
>'Good Issue Resolution Guideline'?
>
>If a volunteer wants to make Harmony implementation of
>> GapContent.replace() compatible with RI, they will provide many tests
-
>> to test all invalid and edge situations to ensure the behaviour is
>> *compatible* - along with patch. And I see no reason to stop them.
>

>Sure, no reason to stop.
>
>(However, I believe a volunteer will search JIRA for GapContent before
>> starting this work. And then they face this bug.)
>>
>> On the other hand, I hardly imagine an application depends on this
>> functionality. That's why I haven't fixed it myself.
>

>IMHO, an assumption that there is no such application is not a reason
for
>not documenting the difference.
>

>> >In our case we decided not to follow RI and do nothing for invalid
>> >parameters. So a regression test should verify that Harmony silently
>> >ignores
>> >bad parameters.
>>
>> It may make sense.
>

>From my experience it always makes sense to add a test (even simple and
>obvious).
>
>Thanks,
>Stepan.
>

>> >BWT, HARMONY-1809 should be marked as "non-bug difference from RI".
>>
>> I'm against this.
>>

>> >Thanks,
>> >Stepan.
>> >
>> >What was done is the signature of the GapContent.replace had been
>> clause.

BadLocationException

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.harmony.devel/17837/focus=17837

BadLocationException"

>>incubator/harmony/enhanced/classlib/trunk/modules/swing/src/main/java/

>> >--
>> >Stepan Mishura
>> >Intel Middleware Products Division
>> >For additional commands, e-mail: