My synagogue's Little Free Library is an initiative of our Tikkun Olam
Committee.  We are located near an elementary school that serves an
underprivileged population.  The committee chose to exclude Jewish books and
stocks the library with (mostly) children's books. In the seventy years since
our building opened, almost all of the Jewish population moved to the suburbs,
so the Little Free Library serves a non-Jewish community.

Due to some past misbehavior on our synagogue property, the committee decided
to place the library near the synagogue, but offsite.  They received permission
from the city to place the library in the park across the street.  The
committee volunteers stock the library and so far, so good.

I was involved only as a 'consultant.'

Diane Wolf, Librarian and Archivist
Congregation Beth Shalom
Wilmington DE 19802