Dear all,

As we start 2022, I'd like to bring to your attention the exciting line-up
of events that the RAS Division has put together, alongside all the other
great AJL events.

In January, we are hosting the *Forward's* archivist Chana Pollack who will
discuss the historic newspaper's archives in her presentation "You don't
have to speak Yiddish to..." (Jan. 12), and a Bibliographer's Roundtable
(Jan. 24) to discuss various topics in the field.

In February, we will welcome Prof. Emile Schrijver, who will present on *The
Encyclopedia of Jewish Book Cultures* (2/3), and, for our DH Clinic, Dr.
Isaac Hershkowitz & Dr. Leore Sachs Shmueli who will discuss their work on
"Implementation of Big Data Tools in Jewish Text Analysis" (2/16).

In March, in honor of Women's History Month, we will have a "Celebration of
Jewish Community Cookbooks" (3/2) and later in the month, Dr. Jason Lustig
will discuss his book *A Time to Gather: Archives and the Control of Jewish
Culture* (3/24).

Some events are for AJL members-only, while some others are open to the
public. For more information and how to register, please visit the AJL
events page
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jewishlibraries.org/events-calendar/__;!!KGKeukY!lWyEdbrrr4RBuEsLfkgRFmwJJFNTNgS8ZEfQR2q29fSVTXo_0o4d0X9kOYOsQTOose8$
 >.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any clarification, or if you have
ideas for events or workshops you would like to see.

Sincerely,
Amalia S. Levi
RAS Division President
__