Dear Aviva,
Below are some suggestions for introductory
books on Judaism.
Hindishe Lee
Hedi Steinberg Library
Beren Campus
Yeshiva University
·          Understanding Judaism : the basics of deed and creed
Rabbi Benjamin Blech,             Northvale, N.J. : J. Aronson, 1992
·          The complete idiot's guide to understanding Judaism
Rabbi Benjamin Blech,              New York, NY : Alpha Books, c1999

  *   Discover : answers for teenagers (and adults) to questions about the
Jewish faith

Dov Moshe Lipman,           Jerusalem; New York : Feldheim, c2006
·          The rhythms of Jewish living : a Sephardic exploration of the basic
teachings of Judaism
Rabbi Marc D. Angel,          Northvale, N.J. : Jason Aronson, c1997
·       Why Be Jewish?: A Guide for Discovering and Maintaining Jewish
Traditions and Values
Richard D. Bank,         Jason Aronson, Northvale, NJ, 2001
·          Understanding Judaism: a basic guide to Jewish faith, history and
practice
Mordechai Katz ,         Brooklyn, N.Y. : Mesorah Publications, c2000