Another three oldies but goodies (I may have missed these in the
suggestions of other Safranim). These are books I read when I decided to
return to Judaism after having my first child, while living in a small town
where we were the only Jewish family. They taught me a lot:

1.  To Life! by Rabbi Harold Kushner, of blessed memory
2.  Nine Questions People Ask About Judaism, by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin and
Dennis Prager
3.   Jewish Literacy, a large reference tome, by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin

I found that I learned a lot from them.
Marjorie

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 8:32 AM Aviva Rosenberg via Hasafran <
hasafran@lists.osu.edu> wrote:

> I had a request from a friend who's colleague is looking for a book she
> can read to learn about Judaism. In order to keep her interest and
> attention, she's hoping to find a memoir or some other engaging narrative.
> I don't think
> I had a request from a friend who's colleague is looking for a book she
> can read to learn about Judaism. In order to keep her interest and
> attention, she's hoping to find a memoir or some other engaging narrative.
> I don't think it needs to be a complete Judaism 101, just something that
> will inform and maybe invite further research or learning. Even a quality
> work of fiction might suit the purpose at this point.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Aviva Rosenberg
> __
> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
> author
> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
> (AJL)
> Ha-Safran Archives:
> Current:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!24LBjOM07IGSPwJjDtPDPnFLCOOz7Q9Xo50Gr7WfEzlzKDyCefglGlX9-lvfIZMxRfOxF4WoJA6QrkwrAup5svIWgrA$
>
> Earlier Listserver:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran*40lists.osu.edu/maillist.html__;JQ!!KGKeukY!24LBjOM07IGSPwJjDtPDPnFLCOOz7Q9Xo50Gr7WfEzlzKDyCefglGlX9-lvfIZMxRfOxF4WoJA6QrkwrAup5svIWgrA$
>
> AJL HomePage
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.JewishLibraries.org__;!!KGKeukY!24LBjOM07IGSPwJjDtPDPnFLCOOz7Q9Xo50Gr7WfEzlzKDyCefglGlX9-lvfIZMxRfOxF4WoJA6QrkwrAup5vIVrN8c$
>
> --

Take a look at my latest publication, the chapter "How Teaching the Full
History of World Slavery Frees Us from Selective Guilt" in the new book *The
1867 Project: Why Canada Should be Cherished--Not Cancelled, *edited by
Mark Milke for the Aristotle Foundation.
__
Ha-Safran Archives:
Current: