gwern wrote:
Now, the Main Page on haskell.org is not protected, so I could just edit
in one of the better descriptions proposed, but as in my Wikipedia editing,
I like to have consensus especially for such visible changes.

Hey, why has the front-page already been changed then? I don't like neither this nor the new slogan.

Concerning what slogan should be on the front page, I prefer technical terms to buzzwords.

  myReadText = filter (not . buzzword)

In any case: it's not our task to convince others by means of an enterprisey formulation, people are free to choose. If they don't want it, so be it. We provide data points ("I have written a big but robust program, it's called <insert name here>", "We have a FFI and its use is explained here", "look, this quicksort function is so beautiful") but judgment is what everybody has to do for himself.

Regards,
apfelmus