I notice that there's duplicate reports of the HTML documentation in the
Haskell Platform having chunks missing

Which ticket numbers are these? Trac allows one of them to be closed
as a duplicate. Perhaps you can do that, or at least provide those
details in email here.

When I get a minute I'll log in, mark the duplicates, and add a note to the ticket confirming that the issue still exists.

I thought the purpose of filing a bug report was to get things fixed?

The purpose of filing bug reports is to ensure that problems are not
forgotten. It allows the community (people like you) to have a useful
understanding of the problems that exist when choosing what tasks to
put time and effort into fixing.

*sigh* I guess that means the next step is to figure out if it's broken for the Linux builds as well, or just for Windows. (Can't test for Mac OS since I don't have access to the necessary hardware or software...)