> However, we used wb_command for the subsampling, which as far as I know
is in fact doing a re-tessellation on the sphere, rather than selecting a
subset of vertices.

Arff. My prediction is that computing solutions will ultimately work, all
plotting will be severly broken as this involves the original freesurfer
surfaces. It would be good to have a mapping between the resampled vertices
and the original vertices if this is possible at all (?).
Any chances we can trigger some workaround / action to get the trafos
between bti and freesurfer? This would facilitate many things and would
allow for a more complete bridge between the HCP MEG data and different
software environments.
Where would you start?

Best,
Denis