From: Georgios Michalareas [giorgos.michalar...@esi-frankfurt.de]
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2015 10:47 AM
To: Elizabeth Anne Bock, Ms; Denis-Alexander Engemann
Cc: hcp-users@humanconnectome.org; Jair Montoya; Alexandre Gramfort; Francois
Tadel
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] where are the head shape file for MEG

I am not sure I fully understood what you would like to do in MNE and
Brainstorm bur maybe the following are of help :

In the anatomy directory there is an ascii file

 177746_MEG_anatomy_transform.txt

containing the structure variable "transform",  which contains a big list of
transformation matrices contained in fields:

               vox2bti: [4x4 double]
               bti2vox: [4x4 double]
               vox2spm: [4x4 double]
               spm2vox: [4x4 double]
               spm2bti: [4x4 double]
               bti2spm: [4x4 double]

The 2D and 3D source models I mentioned in my earlier email (see below) are
defined on the HEAD coordinate system (nasion, left and right peri-auricular
points (NAS, LPA and RPA, respectively)).
This means you dont need to apply any transform on them in order to perform
source analysis wth the  MEG data.
Now if you want to transform the source models to MNI ( anterior / posterior
commissural line) space you can apply to the source model positions the
"bti2spm" transformation matrix.

If you want to use the fiducial and landmark locations you can use the files
from the anatomy directory

177746_MEG_anatomy_fiducials.txt (NAS, LPA and RPA,)
177746_MEG_anatomy_landmarks.txt (AC, PC)

The positions of the fiducials there are defined on a voxel space which you do
not hae accesss to. (An MR with full facial features).
So to use them you need to first apply to their voxel coordinates the "vox2bti"
for HEAD space or "vox2spm" for MNI space.

I hope this helps
Best
Giorgos