From: Timothy Coalson <tsc...@mst.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 6:45 PM
To: Nomi, Jason
Cc: hcp-users@humanconnectome.org
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Acquire text file with averaged volume time series for
subcortical structures from cifti file

-cifti-separate can't do any averaging, that isn't its purpose.  Instead, you
can use -cifti-stats and the roi of the amygdala to do such an average:

#what you already did, for the purpose of getting the ROI
wb_command -cifti-separate tfMRI_EMOTION_LR_Atlas.dtseries.nii COLUMN -volume
AMYGDALA_LEFT output_left_amygdala.nii.gz -roi roi_left_amygdala.nii.gz -crop

#turn the ROI into cifti
wb_command -cifti-create-dense-from-template
tfMRI_EMOTION_LR_Atlas.dtseries.nii roi_left_amygdala.dscalar.nii -volume
AMYGDALA_LEFT roi_left_amygdala.nii.gz -from-cropped

#stats prints a number per column to standard output
wb_command -cifti-stats tfMRI_EMOTION_LR_Atlas.dtseries.nii -reduce MEAN -roi
roi_left_amygdala.dscalar.nii

If you were using a surface structure, you should use -cifti-weighted-stats
instead as the last step with -spatial-weights to account for differences in
vertex area.

Tim

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 1:33 PM, Nomi, Jason