Hi Matthew,

one last clarification: After doing this for LR and RL seperately, I can
(or have to!) concatenate them together, is this correct?

Thanks so much for the support :)

David

> That’s fine, I usually have time along rows for better or for worse…
>
> Peace,
>
> Matt.
>
> From: David Hofmann <davidhofma...@gmail.com>
> Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 12:14 PM
>
> To: Matt Glasser <glass...@wustl.edu>
> Cc: Stephen Smith <st...@fmrib.ox.ac.uk>, "Dierker, Donna" <
> do...@wustl.edu>, hcp-users <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>
> Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Extracting ROI data from HCP resting state data
> - 2400 data points instead of 1200 ?
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
> I'm sorry I made a mistake. I meant that I calculated the column mean and
> subtracted it from each column. For example given a 3 by 2 matrix with 3
> time points and 2 ROIs
>
> Time | ROI 1 | ROI 2
>   1         3          4
>   2         2          2
>   3         1          3
> ------------------------
>  mean  2          3
>
> Substracting 2 from ROI 1 and 3 from ROI 2 gives me
>
> Time | ROI 1 | ROI 2
>   1         1          1
>   2         0          -1
>   3         -1         0
>
> hope this clarifies it and this is what you meant. Sorry again for this
> mistake!
>
> David

>> 2) Did you subtract the row mean from each row?
>>
>> Peace,
>>
>> Matt.
>>
>> From: David Hofmann <davidhofma...@gmail.com>
>> Date: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 9:56 AM
>>
>> To: Matt Glasser <glass...@wustl.edu>
>> Cc: Stephen Smith <st...@fmrib.ox.ac.uk>, "Dierker, Donna" <
>> do...@wustl.edu>, hcp-users <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>
>> Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Extracting ROI data from HCP resting state data
>> - 2400 data points instead of 1200 ?
>>
>> Hi Matthew,
>>
>> thank you for the help!
>>
>> I did the following:
>>
>> 1. I used the "clean" datasets now and extracted my ROI data from the LR
>> and RL phase encodings (first two sessions)
>> 2. I calculated the mean across time for every ROI and substracted it,
>> i.e. I have a 1200 by 112 matrix and calculated the row mean (over time)
>> and substracted it from each column (ROIs).
>> 3. I did this for LR and RL seperately and then concatenated them together
>>
>> Can you confirm that this is the correct?
>>
>> thanks again!
>>
>> David

>>> I would recommend using the data with _hp2000_clean in the name.  I a
>>> referring to taking the mean across time at each point in space and
>>> subtracting that from the data.
>>>
>>> Peace,
>>>
>>> Matt.
>>>
>>> From: David Hofmann <davidhofma...@gmail.com>
>>> Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 at 6:56 AM
>>> To: Matt Glasser <glass...@wustl.edu>
>>> Cc: Stephen Smith <st...@fmrib.ox.ac.uk>, "Dierker, Donna" <
>>> do...@wustl.edu>, hcp-users <hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>
>>>
>>> Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] Extracting ROI data from HCP resting state
> [...]

David Hofmann (M.Sc.)
Institut für Medizinische Psychologie und Systemneurowissenschaften
Von-Esmarch-Strasse 52
48149 Münster
Tel: 0251/ 8352794
Mobil: 0152/ 09822352
Email: davidhofm...@uni-muenster.de

Institute of Medical Psychology and Systems Neuroscience
University of Muenster
Von-Esmarch-Str. 52
D-48149 Muenster, Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 251 - 83 52794