Looks like it does what you wanted.  Side note, if you have multiple
non-overlapping ROIs to do this with, you could also make them into a
dlabel file, then use -cifti-parcellate on the timeseries, and do a
-cifti-cross-correlation using it and the smoothed dtseries.  However,
you'll need to figure out the correct order of files in the cross
correlation to avoid needing -cifti-transpose to display it the way you
want.

Tim