From: Timothy Coalson [tsc...@mst.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2017 4:32 PM
To: Xavier Guell Paradis
Cc: hcp-users@humanconnectome.org
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] modify dconn file so that it only includes cerebellum
values?

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 3:09 PM, Xavier Guell Paradis
<xavie...@mit.edu<mailto:xavie...@mit.edu>> wrote:
Dear HCP experts,
I am trying to modify the group average dconn file
(HCP_S900_820_rfMRI_MSMAll_groupPCA_d4500ROW_zcorr.dconn.nii) so that it only
includes data from the cerebellum (even though, of course, these data will
correspond to the connectivity of each cerebellum voxel to the rest of the
brain).
I have tried -cifti-restrict-dense-map inputfile COLUMN outputfile -vol-roi
cerebellumatlas.nii
("cerebellumatlas.nii" is a cerebellum volume atlas which contains values for
the cerebellum only)
This has not worked.

That should work, but you need to run it again on the output of that, this time
with the ROW direction, so that both directions are cerebellum-only.  Please be
more specific than "has not worked", did you get an error (and if so, copy the
error message), or did its output not match what you expected?

I have also tried to use the -cerebellum-roi option of
-cifti-restrict-dense-map, without writing any metric file after
-cerebellum-roi. This also doesn't work.

This should have caused an error, as the current grayordinates space doesn't
use surfaces for cerebellum.  Additionally, if you don't provide a required
argument to an option, you will get a different kind of error.

Is there any way to tell wb_command that I only want to keep the cerebellar
data, without having to include any file which indicates where the cerebellum
is?

No, this isn't a use case we expected, normally we want to match existing cifti
mappings (for instance, 91k grayordinates), not make new ones.  It is possible
to get the ROI of where cerebellum data exists from the cifti file, but since
you say you already have that ROI...on the other hand, if the specific error
you got was something like "volume space doesn't match", then you actually
should derive the ROI from the cifti file, rather than using whatever you have.

Thank you very much,
Xavier.