Many of the HCP experts are at OHBM, so replies might take longer.

I know from my own experience with HCP output to look here for the Freesurfer
subject directories:

subject-id/T1w/subject-id/label/*
subject-id/T1w/subject-id/mri/*
subject-id/T1w/subject-id/surf/*
…

Also see page 21 here:

http://humanconnectome.org/storage/app/media/documentation/s1200/HCP_S1200_Release_Appendix_III.pdf

Hopefully there is no problem! :)

But I must point out that there is a difference between the Freesurfer v5.3
distribution and Freesurfer 5.3-HCP.
The latter uses both T1w & T2w images, which makes a big difference (e.g., for
myelin maps).
Not sure which you used, but it is an important difference.