Dear HCP team,

This is Meizhen Han at Center for MRI research in Peking University. I read CCF
protocol carefully and have 2 questions in my mind. I would be very appreciate
it if you could share some ideas with me.

1/ Why the TI in T1w was changed from 1060ms(LS in UMN/CMRR) to 1000ms(CCF)? Is
there some significant difference between them? I find that TI can influence
the contrast, and the TI recommended by freesurfer group is 1100ms, and the TI
in HCP main project is 1000ms. From your experience, do you think TI=1000ms is
better?

2/ TE in BOLD sequence(in CCF) is 37ms, while in common BOLD protocols TE is
30ms usually. I think the echo should come at 30ms, and will decay
significantly at 37ms. In my opinion, losing the edge of the k-space will blur
the image and reduce SNR slightly. So why you choose TE = 37ms without a 7/8
partial fourier to shorten it? I have tested similar protocol, and I find if I
choose a 7/8 partial fourier, the TE can be around 30ms.

Any information and idea would help a lot! Looking forward to your reply.
Thank you very much!

Best wishes!

--
Meizhen Han