Actually, have a look at this paragraph from the HCP rfMRI paper
(http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913005338):

Echo-time (TE) was, after much discussion and evaluation, set to 33 ms. Again,
this choice is a trade-off; long TE increases BOLD contrast, but decreases
overall signal level and increases signal dropout in areas of B0 inhomogeneity.
The TE for optimal functional CNR is equal to T2* when thermal noise dominates;
however, T2* varies spatially, meaning that no single TE can be optimal
throughout the entire brain. Acquiring multiple echoes in a single EPI readout
train, or in separate acquisitions with multiple TEs, was not acceptable due to
significantly prolonged readout duration and/or TR. Thus, the shortest TE that
could be achieved without the use of partial Fourier or in-plane accelerations
was selected, to minimise signal dropout. At 2 mm resolution, with the
Connectome scanner gradients, this TE was 33 ms, given the excitation pulse
width (~ 7 ms) required to achieve the (Ernst) flip angle (52°) for multiband
x8. The use of partial Fourier to reduce TE resulted in larger signal dropouts
than acquiring a full Fourier coverage of k-space with longer TEs (likely
caused by local phase ramps in regions of B0 inhomogeneity shifting signal
outside the acquired k-space region); hence partial Fourier was not utilised.
The EPI echo train length is 52.2 ms for the final HCP fMRI protocol. The
additional blurring along the phase encode direction due to apparent transverse
relaxation (T2* ≈ 45 ms) in grey and white matter (Wansapura et al.,
1999<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913005338#bb0315>)
 in the final HCP fMRI protocol is generally not
significant,4<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913005338#fn0020>
 except in regions where the T2* is much shorter than the average. We carried
out limited piloting to test whether adding small amounts (b ≈ 50s/mm2) of
isotropic diffusion weighting (Boxerman et al., 1995; Wong et al.,
1995<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913005338#bb0020>)
 might reduce contributions from larger draining veins, but the improvements
were not significant enough to warrant a longer consequential TE and subsequent
reduction in SNR.

The Prisma is not quite as capable as the HCP’s custom scanner, so TE=37 not 33.

Peace,

Matt.