Hi. I'm no compiler expert, but I'm trying to build hdf5-1.8.10-patch1 for local installation in a user account on a Cray super computer, using the Cray Compiler (Version 8.1.1). I configure like so:

CC="cc" ./configure --prefix=<...>

(We have a module wrapper cc program which points to the cray compiler.)

However, most of the configure tests fail, and ultimately the build fails, because of the following error:

CC-2289 craycc: ERROR in command line
  Invalid characters after option '-s' in command line item '-std=c99'.

All the compiler commands executed pass in -std=c99, but Cray C uses a different syntax for that. ("-h c99") This seems to be controlled by H5_CFLAGS variable in configure.ac. What is the correct flag to pass to configure, or other trick, to modify that to the correct syntax?