Waalaikumussalam wbt,

I agree that the country is still not ready to accept hudud.
Why? Because the present govt, the leaders are ignorant about it.
When they are ignorant,
they don't believe in it,
they don't plan for it or put effort to implement it,
no effort is done to educate the people...
meaning more reasons for us to change the govt.

For example, the present is so ambitious in trying bring Malaysia to an
industrialized nation by 2020. So much effor has been done, numerous
campaigns, etc.
How about becoming Islamic nation/state? Any vision? Vision 2010 perhaps
(i.e. if the govt sincerely plan for an Islamic state 10 years from now)?
The priority is very obvious!

To effectively educate the people,
numero uno, we need a just government who sincerely wants to implement Islam
fully.
secondly, with the government, you have all the engines that can be
utilized; the medias, all the govt sectors, judiciary, etc.

I'm not saying we have to rush, I'm not saying that if today Pas happens to
be in power,
hudud must be implemented the next day...
I don't think Pas leaders are rushing either. Otherwise they would have
implemented hudud in Kelantan & Terengganu despite opposition and
retaliation from BN/umno.

Unity?
I guess if one party wants to implement Islam and the other party against
it,
will there be unity?
I guess if unity is not the issue, this dicussion wouldn't have taken
place...

Pas doesn't care about unity?
I would say the controlling govt is playing the cards in bending and
twisting the facts and perception of the people. Even a simple and straight
forward statement by TGNA about aurat has been twisted, manipulated, and
blown out of proportion by umno and their controlled media.
Don't you see how ugly they are in playing their dirty tactics?
Media with headlines and bold titles saying such as "Nik Aziz Blame Women".
The title itself has a very strong negative impact and first impression
before a reader understands the whole content (provided that the media
covers the whole story).
Rejecting Majlis Melayu invitation, do you know the whole story or most of
us only hear from the story from the govt controlled media??
Do we give the Pas a fair opportunity to explain?

Bringing Pas into Umno?
It's more like trying to mix water with oil...
See happened to DSA...
trying to clean umno from inside...
and he was quite close to achieve his goal, with strong support within umno,
many Islamic organizations, and corporate sectors.
And do you think the kuffars, munafiquns, enemy of Islam will prefer the
ways of umno or pas?
I would say that they will be more comfortable with umno and they will keep
it that way...

Wassalam.