Daniel Jennings wrote:
Also very awkward. Obviously the "hack" menus worked fine, and instead of
deprecating the code, why didn't Valve just leave it in there or even
elaborate it? There was nothing wrong with that, and I doubt it'd have been
any extra work leaving the code in there while rewriting the radio code for
the client side. How does Valve or Alfred expect us to create server plugins
without using hacks when we aren't provided enough to do so.

I don't think server plugins were ever meant to be used in the way that they are currently being used.

You are trying to make a Swiss Army Knife out of a potato peeler.

If all you are doing is trying to peel potatoes, then the server plugin
system does what it is supposed to do.  If you are trying to fillet a
fish, saw down a tree, open a bottle of wine, and cut out some paper
snowflakes, you are going beyond the designer's vision of what the tool
was supposed to do.

--
Jeffrey "botman" Broome