Well--yeah. There would be some older stuff that will have issues... that may
need to be scrambled to support what essentially would be a majorly updated
framework.

I dunno--from my lurking so far, the main issue with the porting of these
games are more the methodology in how the Engine currently works.

Though, it may be possible to set up a system to make the older Source games
work natively on a cross platform engine of sorts. Most of it would be done
via having a set of depreciated method calls for anything that would be an
issue in itself. The depreciated methods would point to newer methods as a
substitute at first. Until enough time has passed to allow all the code to be
updated to fit the new engine.

Even that said--it is not like transitioning to these slight changes that
would be need is really that easy to do.

I think it would be good for how Linux Users are currently seen by Marketing
departments. As well--typically we are seen as "wanting everything for free"--
or something silly like that. I dunno--I have generally known most fellow
Linux users to be more anal about paying for software, in comparison to
Windows users which I hear over and over again the suggestion of "Just Pirate
it!" (which this is entirely anecdotal, but most Linux users I have known
would not want anything to do with that person)

Again--this is just a pie in the sky dream--it probably is just them
announcing finally releasing Episodes of Duke Nukem Forever--or something along
the lines of being more possible.

~ Katrina Payne

On Friday, June 11, 2010 12:27:01 am Adam "amckern" McKern wrote:
> There are quite a few projects that they need to keep running
>
> In order of games i play
>
> 1) Left4dead
> 2) Episodes
> 3) Counter-Strike
> 4) TF
> 5) Portal
> 6) Hidden projects that they are not talking about yet (Half-Life 3)
>
> --------
> Owner Nigredo Studios http://www.nigredostudios.com

C/C++