We hear you -- we are currently working on updates to the github repository to provide headers/libs compatible with the SourceSDK beta_test branch, after which we hope to promote both to the main/official release.

Unfortunately the 'upcoming' builds suffered from some ABI breakage that wasn't resolved in a timely manner -- in an ideal world the beta_test branch will function against builds from the current main release as well, but we have only done limited testing so far.

- John

*From:* Jan Hartung
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 08, 2015 10:14AM
*To:* 'Discussion Of Half-life Programming'
*Subject:* Re: [hlcoders] [hlds_linux] Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer beta release

I second Nicholas and Tobias. Our team still has to replace some sounds but the one major thing keeping us from releasing the mod’s new version is that we cannot tell people that they’d have to opt into the „upcoming“ beta to be able to play the game.

People would install it and see it crash right away, then maybe find the solution and ditch it because it’s too much work to opt into that beta. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not actually too much work but people are used to things working right out of the box.

Jan