I used steam.inf file for this

On 19.04.2016 0:24, Björn Stabel wrote:
Hello there,

In this Source engine 2013 game, we recently renamed CSDKGameRules to
CDAGameRules.
Now every time someone connects with the new version to a server that
runs the old version, they get "missing gamerules class CSDKGameRules on
the client" and the client exits.

Not being able to connect was actually intended, since the two versions
are incompatible, but we don't want to basically crash the game of
everyone who tries to connect to an outdated server.

Is there any way to increment some kind of protocol version or something
like that, so players are simply booted with a "version mismatch"
message before the client tries to load that nonexistant CSDKGameRules
class?

- Björn Stabel aka. TomyLobo