Since valve tried to do this we're still having issues if we do not hide the servers. Where as before the server was under attack it used to timeout for everyone it now, so it seems, just stops responding the the ping (still can be queried using status). That's great in that is doesn't kill a game however one side effect is that, when the server goes into this 'mode', if someone should have a network problem and disconnect for any reason, they cannot rejoin the server, in fact no one can join the server until it's been restarted.

This happens on both our windows and linux servers. Are other people experiencing the same thing?